West Visayas State University, one of the premier state universities in the country located in Iloilo City, is now accepting applications for College Admission Test (WVSU-CAT) for academic year 2018-2019.
WVSU-CAT is the entrance exam open to all Senior High School completers / graduates of senior high schools recognized by the Department of Education (DepEd).
The Admission division of the university will administer the WVSU-CAT at the Main campus on Sunday, December 17, 2017 (from 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. / 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M., as needed). Deadline for submission of application and requirements will be on December 1, 2017. Mailed applications should reach the school on or before that date.
If you are interested, here’s more details:
- Duly accomplished Application Form (Download the form HEREor you may obtain it from the Registrar’s Office)
- CERTIFIED TRUE COPY of the First Quarter report card or certification from the Principal / Registrar that the student is graduating in March 2018.
- Two (2) recent identical 2×2 pictures duly signed at the back by the applicant.
- One (1) self-addressed stamped (P24.00 postage stamp) long white mailing envelope (for applicants who personally submit CAT application form). Mailed application form must be accompanied with two (2) self-addressed stamped envelopes with P24.00 postage stamp each.
- NON-REFUNDABLE Application Filing Fee of P20.00 and WVSUCAT Testing Fee of P230.00 will be paid by each applicant. For mailed application forms, enclose money order (P250.00) payable to WVSU- FUND 164 and two (2) self-addressed stamped long white envelopes (Note: P24.00 postage stamp each) to be used for Notice of Admission for mailed application and WVSUCAT result. Applicants who do not receive their Notice of Admission are advised to check with the Admissions/Registrar’s Office immediately.
Accomplished application forms and other requirements should be submitted / mailed to the Admissions / Registrar’s Office, West Visayas State University, La Paz, Iloilo City (Main Campus).
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Special Needs Education
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Cooperatives Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts in Broadcasting
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Bachelor of Performing Arts
- Bachelor of Science in Development Communication
Only applicants who obtain the score of 120 or higher can proceed to the next round of Admission as required by the college where the course of choice is offered. Applicants who do not qualify for their chosen program may confer with the Admissions / Registrar’s Office for possible accommodation in other programs and in the external campuses.
For more inquiries you may contact WVSU at (033) 320-0870 to 78 or visit their website at www.wvsu.edu.ph.