SM Foundation (SMFI) announced the start of the online application for the SM Scholarship 2022-2023 program! Submit your application from January 15 to March 15, 2022.
The SM College Scholarship Program started from the vision of the late SM patriarch, Henry “Tatang” Sy, Sr. He believed that if you send one child from an economically challenged family to college, that child would have more opportunities to have gainful employment and later on uplift the economic status of his/her family.
SM Scholarship is available in the following areas in Luzon: NCR, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac and Zambales.
In the Visayas, it is open for students in Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, and Negros Occidental. In Mindanao, students from Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, and Zamboanga del Sur are also welcom to apply.
The SM scholarship program is open to the following:
• Grade 12 public high school graduates from schools in the areas covered; or
• Grade 12 graduates from private schools in the areas covered given that they have Department of Education (DepEd) voucher and finished Junior High (Grade 10) from a public schools
– General Weighted Average grade of at least 88% or its equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester
– Total household income of at most P150,000 per year.
Scholars will enjoy the following:
- Choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering and education
- Full tuition
- Monthly allowance
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas break
- Exclusive job offers with the SM Group upon graduation
- Other fun-filled activities and enrichment programs
The SM Scholarship 2021 program covers the following field of studies: Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, and Electronics), Education (Elementary and Secondary); Accountancy, and Financial Management, among others.
How to apply for SM Scholarship this 2022? First, you need to accomplish the online application form at SM Foundation website (Link:https://scholarship.sm-foundation.org) Then you need to attach the following documents:
- Parent’s or Guardian’s 2019 Income Tax Return/Certification of Non-filing of Income/Certificate of Indigency
- Latest Grade 12 report card
- Birth certificate
- 2×2 ID picture
- Sketch of home to the nearest SM Mall
For more information about the SM College Scholarship program, visit www.sm-foundation.org and follow its social media accounts @SMFoundationInc (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube).
SM Foundation, through its Scholarship program, provides deserving and qualified students with access to college education and technical-vocational studies since 1993. To date, SMFI has supported almost 8,000 scholars nationwide.
This Post Has 2 Comments