Professional Regulation Commission has announced the details of the upcoming Special Board Exam for OFWs in 6 locations in the Middle East on September 2016.
PRC announces that the testing centers in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Doha, Qatar; Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; Al-Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; and Kuwait will host the Special Professional Licensure Board Examinations (SPLBE) on September 14, 15 and 16, 2016.
Here’s the board exams that will be administered in those locations:
2. CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
3. CIVIL ENGINEERS
4. ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS/ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANS
5. ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNERS
6. MECHANICAL ENGINEERS/CERTIFIED PLANT MECHANICS
7. MASTER PLUMBERS
9. REGISTERED ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS/REGISTERED MASTER ELECTRICIANS
10. PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS
11. RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGISTS/X-RAY TECHNOLOGISTS
12. RESPIRATORY THERAPISTS
If you are in those countries and interested to take the SPLBE, here’s the application processes and requirements:
- Applicants shall apply through the On-line Application System (OAS). Follow the step-by-step guide at the PRC website, www.prc-online.com. Update May 18, 2016: PRC resets the filing of online application for SPLBE 2016 to June 10-July 1, 2016.
- Go to Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLOs) in those locations and bring the printed and signed Application Form together with scanned documents as identified below saved in CD/USB. POLO offices will be the one to forward the digitized application documents to PRC.
- Deadline for submission is on Friday, June 10, 2016.
Basic Documentary Requirements
- Printed On-line Application Form, signed and with thumb mark affixed.
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records (scanned picture and remarks “ For Board Examination Purposes Only” not required)
- Photocopy of Valid passport
- One (1) passport-size picture with complete nametag in white background
Professional Regulatory Board (PRB) – Specific Original Documents
Architecture Board Exam
- Accomplished Logbook for Diversified Experience for local/overseas experience (certified by mentor-architect) for a minimum of 3,840 hours. Original Logbook and/or scanned copies saved in CD/USB shall be submitted to the Board of Architecture for conditional approval.
- Photocopy of updated PRC ID, Certificate of Membership from UAP of mentor
- Affidavit must be signed and sealed by Architect-mentor
CPA Board Exam
- Certificate of Completion for refresher course, if applicable. Repeaters shall submit proof of most recent exams taken (NOA, OR).
Environmental Planners Board Exam
- College Diploma
- One (1) Certificate of Good Moral Character from a licensed Professional in the area of his residence or employment
- Transcript of Records showing that the applicant is a holder of any of the following degrees from schools, colleges or universities duly recognized and accredited by the CHED:
– A Graduate Degree in Environmental Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, City Planning, Town or Country Planning and/or Human Settlements Planning or its equivalent.
– A Post-Graduate Diploma in Environmental Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, City Planning, Town and Country Planning and/or Human Settlements Planning or its equivalent, and with at least one (1) year of on-the job training.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, Urban Planning and Regional Planning, City Planning, Town and Country Planning and/or Human Settlements Planning, or its equivalent, and with two (2) years of on-the-job training.
– A Master’s or Doctorate degree in either Architecture, Engineering, Ecology, Economics, Geography, Geology, Public Administration, Business Administration, Sociology, Social Science Law, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Development Management, Natural Resources Planning and Development, or other related discipline acceptable to the Board and with three (3) years of on-the-job training.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in either Architecture, Engineering, Economics, Public Administration, Law, Social Work and Community Development or Sociology and other related discipline acceptable to the Board and with five (5) years of on-the-job training
- Certificate of On-the-Job Training, In-Service Training or Distance Learning as required above shall be undertaken under the supervision of a Registered and Licensed Environmental Planner or the applicant’s immediate supervisor, in an agency or organization engaged or involved in environmental planning functions or programs, as may be determined by the Board.
Certified Plant Mechanics Board Exam
- Certification of Employment from the Company/Employer
- Certificate of Experience (PRC Form 104)
- Detailed Description of Equipment (PRC Form)
- Valid License of Certifying Mechanical Engineer/CPM
- Affidavit of Competency
Master Plumbers Board Exam
- For graduates of BS Civil Engineering, BS Architecture, BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Sanitary Engineering, BS Chemical Engineering and BS Mining Engineering – Transcript of Records
- For High School Graduates / Vocational / College Graduates of other courses – at least 5 years in actual plumbing work under the supervision of a Registered Master Plumber and High School Diploma/Transcript of Records
Nurse Board Exam (NLE)
- BSN graduates under CMO NO. 14 S 2009 – Certificate of Undertaking signed by the Dean and Registrar, duly notarized.
- BSN graduates under CMO No. 30 S 2001 – original copy of the Summary of Related Learning Experience (RLE) and original copy of the OR-DR cases in the new format.
- Basic documents
Registered Master Electricians Board Exam
- Certificate of Experience on prescribed form (PRC Form No. 104), certified and signed by REE/RME/PEE showing of the following technical background:
– For graduates or completed three (3) years of BS Electrical Engineering / completed three (3) years of Electrical Engineering Technology – one (1) year practice in electrical wiring and installation, operation and maintenance of utilization devices and equipment
– For graduate of a two-year electrician’s course of instruction from a vocational or trade school – two (2) years of apprenticeship after completion of the course of instruction on electrical installation, operation and maintenance of utilization devices and equipment;
– For has completed a one-year electrician’s course of instruction from a vocational school – three (3) years of apprenticeship after completion of the course of instruction on electrical installation, operation and maintenance of utilization devices and equipment;
– For High School graduate – five (5) years of apprenticeship in electric wiring, installation, operation and maintenance of utilization devices and equipment.
- Certification from the current employer
- Valid ID/License of Certifying REE/RME/PEE
Radiologic Technologists Board Exam
- One (1) Certificate of Good Moral Character from licensed Radiologic Technologist in the area of his residence or employment
Respiratory Therapists Board Exam
- Three (3) Certificates of Good Moral Character
- Certificate of Internship or Certificate of Employment with at least 10 months related to Respiratory Therapy with English Translation if written in Arabic or Foreign Language
- Certification, Authentication and Verification (CAV) for Autonomous Colleges/Universities
- For Repeaters with three (3) failures: Certificate of Completion of Refresher Course
PRC will post the list of conditionally-approved applicants on their website and shall be forwarded to the six (6) testing centers. For more information on Special Board Exams in Middle East, contact PRC or visit their website at www.prc.gov.ph.