Iloilo City Government released the names of 14 awardees for The Outstanding Women of Iloilo City (TOWIL) 2017, as part of the city’s celebration of National Women’s Month.
The annual TOWIL award aims to give due recognition to the women who have manifested exemplary performance in their particular field of profession that significantly contributed to the city’s development.
The initiative is organized under the City Hall’s Gender and Development (GAD) Program, together with the Committee on Women and Family Relations of City Council and GAD team. The criteria cover women empowerment and achievements with 60 percent, leadership skill with 20 percent and commitment with 20 percent.
This year, the awardees are the following:
- Judge Ma. Yolanda M. Panaguiton -Gaviño for Judicial Service
- Ms. Yolanda S. Jabano for Differently-abled Persons
- J02 Pearl Joy Lasangue for Protective Services
- Sr. Ma. Lourdes Versoza, DC for Religious Services
- Atty. Sharon B. Millan for Professional Services
- Dr. Carmencity Y. Robles for Education and Academe
- P/B Marjorie de Asis Gregorios for Volunteerism and Community Services
- Ms. Anne Catherine Malazarte for Culture and Arts
- Ms. Carmela Pedroso Española, PhD for Science and Technology
- Ms. Jane Uy for Business/Entrpreneurship
- Ms. Mona Liza S. Diones for NGO and Civic Organization
- Ms. Lilibeth Aguilar French for Media, Journalism and Public Information
- Ms. Cynthia C. Lumampao for Government Services
- Ms. Ma. Pia Paz Gan Uygongco for Philanthropic Works
“We continue to recognize women who have made major impact and contribution and have given pride and honor to Iloilo City,” said Mayor Jed Patrick E. Mabilog in a statement.
The awardees will be cited in a ceremony at SM City Iloilo on March 24, 2017 in celebration of National Women’s Month. [Credits to Maam Runji Jamolo, last year’s TOWIL awardee for Media, for the list.]