Department of Education (DepEd) has finally rolled out the new way of registering and applying for exam of school heads – the Principals’ Test Online Application System (PTOAS).
This new system was announced by the Education department recently and will be first used for registration and online application of the the 2017 Principals’ Test which will be administered on December 17, 2017.
DepEd has issued a guide as attached in its Memo No. 174-2017 on how to use the system, and as I’ve said I will post about. Actually, the system is very basic if you are computer/internet savvy. But of course it wouldn’t hurt if you have step-by-step instructions with images to guide you.
First things first, you just need a valid and active email address for the PTOAS. Correspondence, notifications, confirmations of the processes will be sent through this email.
Here’s the simplified Online Application Process for Principals Test 2017:
Step 1: Online Registration
1. Go to PTOAS website/portal http://www.principalstestapplication.deped.gov.ph and click ‘Create Account’ which will direct you to the Account Registration online form.
2. Enter personal information such as name, address, birthday, contact details, and your Login Information such as your valid email address (you may use your DepEd email, if applicable) and preferred password, which is at least 8 characters.
3. If registration is successful, you will receive a confirmation email with subject ‘Principals’ Test Account Creation’ which shows that indeed you now have an account at PTOAS. Included in the email is your Examinee Number which shall serve as your reference number throughout the conduct of the Principals’ Test and shall be the basis in the issuance of results. See below:
NOTE: Applicants will receive notifications on the status of their application through their registered e-mail account or by logging on to their respective PTOAS Account. To avoid duplication and non-validity of application, an applicant must register only once.
The next steps will be for your online application. Be ready with SCANNED copy of the following documents before the application, as these will be uploaded in the online system. All of these documents should be scanned and saved in PDF format with file size not exceeding three (3) MB per file.
1. Performance rating of Very Satisfactory (VS) for the last 2 rating periods certified by the SDO; and
2. Signed Service Record.
3. Designation as Teacher-In-Charge signed by the Superintendent; and
4. Certification of managerial and administrative experience from DepEd-recognized private institution or CHED-recognized higher education institution.
Step 2: Online Application
1. Go to PTOAS and login using the registered e-mail address and password. Registered user account will look like this:
2. Click ‘Application Form’ link which will direct you to the page with fields that you need to fill out such as School Information and Additional Information. You are also required to upload the scanned/soft copies of your Supporting Documents mentioned above.
After providing all the required information and documents, you may now click Submit Application.
NOTE: Applicants who are found to have falsified their qualifications and/or documents shall be subjected to investigation and may be charged with grave dishonesty as mandated by Civil Service Commission (CSC) rules and regulations.
You need to always check your PTOAS account thru Application Status menu, and/or your email as notifications regarding status of application are posted there. See below the sample of application status and email notifications:
Step 3: Evaluation of Documents
1. Through the PTOAS, documents submitted will be evaluated and validated by the Schools Division Office. Once evaluated, qualified applications will be revalidated by the Regional Office.
2. Once the application is approved for payment, the applicant will receive a notification to proceed to the Schools Division Office to submit the following:
a. A hard copy of all the submitted scanned documents;
b. Two (2) passport-size (4.5cm x 3.5cm) ID pictures taken within the last six (6) months with signature over printed complete name; and
c. Examination fee of Five Hundred Pesos (Php 500.00).
Step 4: Issuance of Certification and Payment
1. Qualified applicants shall proceed to the Schools Division Office Personnel Unit and submit the pictures and copies of the scanned documents to the personnel in charge of the release of the signed Certification for verification.
2. Once the documents have been verified and the submitted pictures are attached to the certification (picture on the upper and lower part of the certification should be the same), the personnel in charge shall issue the system-generated Certification (duly signed by the Schools Division Administrative Officer and the Schools Division Superintendent) to the qualified applicant.
3. Qualified applicants shall proceed to the Schools Division Office Cashier to pay the examination fee. As proof of payment, the cashier will indicate the payment status in the box provided in the Certification.
4. The qualified applicants shall return to the Schools Division Office Personnel Unit for confirmation of payment. The personnel in charge will get the lower portion of the Certificate (Regional Office copy), with attached picture and duly signed by the test taker as to the completeness and authenticity of their submitted documents.
5. Once payment has been confirmed, the applicant will be tagged as paid in the PTOAS and will be notified of the receipt of their payment.
The Certification shall serve as the test taker’s test PERMIT and should be presented on the day of the exam together with their valid ID (UMID, SSS, GSIS, Philhealth, Voter’s ID, PRC License, or Driver’s License). The assigned Room Examiner will distribute the Individual Official Receipts to the test takers.
That’s the whole process of applying for Principals’ Test using the DepEd PTOAS. Take note also that the system has ‘Manage Account’ menu option which you may use if you want to make changes in personal information, ‘Change Password’ menu, and ‘Help’ page where you can see contact information of Deped officials in your area.
For more information and concern regarding Principals’ Test Online Application System, you may contact:
The Human Resource and Development Division
Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development Department of Education Central Office
DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BHROD/
You may follow my blog NONOYNET.com for more updates on the Principals’ Test, and also please share this guide to all aspiring school heads.
This Post Has One Comment
Bakit ayaw ma upload after filling up the forms when i press submit , few seconds you can see error exception. What does it mean.