Ilonggos may now enjoy the scenic view of Iloilo River on a boat as Iloilo Esplanade River Ride will start offering pedal boat rentals starting December 1, 2016.
The Esplanade River Ride, managed by Ilonggo Recreation and Amusement Corp., announced that their colorful 6-seater pedal boats will treat Ilonggos and tourists to a guided river tour along the clean and beautiful stretch of Iloilo River.
According to their official Facebook page, the river tour will start at the installed floating pontoon docks at the Esplanade to nearby Carpenter’s Bridge, and all the way to Iloilo City Hall Area.
|Floating pontoon where the pedal boats will dock.|
In guaranteeing the safety of passengers, the management said that their team has been trained and certified by Philippine Coast Guard on Water and Rescue Training.
They will also implement the following published rules and regulations, which are based on City government, Coast Guard and CENRO guidelines.
Rules on Pedal Boat Rentals
1. Wear your life jacket at all times. Your safety is our top priority.
2. Do not purposely rock the boat to cause it to capsize.
3. You are responsible for all damages you cause on the boat due to diligence.
4. Keep our river clean. There shall be a fine of P500 for any type of garbage thrown in the river.
5. No food and alcoholic drinks allowed in the boat. Fishing is strictly prohibited.
6. Pedal boats should be operated following a counter clockwise direction only.
7. Stationary boats must stay in the middle of the river away from the moving boats.
8. Boundaries: 25 meters away from Carpenter’s Bridge and 25 meters away from Diversion Bridge.
9. Pedal boats are not allowed to dock anywhere except at the floating dock.
10. ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING. Iloilo City is a smoke free city.
11. We have the right to refuse service to repeat violators/offenders of our rules.
|Pedal boats at night. Photo by Celeste Deslate.|
Iloilo Esplanade River Ride will operate from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM only.
Pedal boat rental is P480 Pesos per Boat per 30 minutes ( or P80 Pesos per person for 30 minutes). You can rent the boat by yourself or share it with your friends. Ticket booth is located at the Tabucan end of Iloilo Esplanade, in front of I AM Iloilo sign.
As a promo, Esplanade River Ride will offer FREE 30-minute ride on Wednesday, November 30 to all netizens who will share their announcement posted on Facebook.
So what are you waiting for, go to their Facebook page now and share their post to earn a free ride! See you there at Iloilo Esplanade!