Good news to all health workers in the Philippines! Department of Health (DOH) has finally opened the hiring of nurses, doctors, midwives, medtechs, pharmacist and other allied health professionals for deployment in 2018.
The health department announced that they are ready to accept applications under DOH Deployment Program 2018 (formerly known as Human Resource for Health Programs), which according to recent proclamation by Secretary Paulyn Jean Ubial will hire around 25,000 health workers to be deployed in grassroots level.
Vacant positions are open for nurses, doctors, midwives, dentists, medical technologists, pharmacists, and allied health workers. The deployment program includes:
- Physician Augmentation Deployment Project (PADP)
- Universal Healthcare Implementers Deployment Project (UHCIDP)
- Nurse Deployment Project (NDP)
- Rural Health Midwives Placement Program (RHMPP)
- Dentist Deployment Project (DDP)
- Medical Technologist Deployment Project (MTDP)
- Pharmacist Deployment Project (PDP)
- Public Health Associates Deployment Project (PHADP)
- Family Health Associate Deployment Project (FHADP)
Nurses get the most vacant slots as around 22,000 of them will be hired out of 25,000 health workers.
Recruitment and selection of qualified applicants will be from October to December 2017, and the process includes qualifying exam given by respective DOH regional offices. Those who will be accepted will be deployed from January 2 to December 31, 2018.
- Application Letter addressed to the Regional Director, DOH Regional Office___.
- Authenticated copy of Diploma/Transcript of Records (for new entrants/applicants).
- Copy of Certificate of Training/Seminars attended.
- Copy of Eligibility (Sub-professional/Professional/Board Rating)
DOH also has uploaded a new Application Form which needs to be filled up, with 1×1 photo attached. See the downloadable DOH Deployment Program 2018 form below, with list of details of Regional Offices and their contact details:
You may download the form here: DOH Deployment Program Application Form
Nurses and other health workers have been anticipating this recruitment after Secretary Ubial said that the third tranche of Salary Standardization Law will be implemented in 2018, which means that nurses will get around P29,000 basic monthly salary and doctors will earn over P70,000 monthly. That’s just the basic salary, exclusive of incentives and allowances.
I’ve checked the salary grades for each professional in this year’s HRH 2017, here’s what they will probably get next year based on 3rd Tranche SSL: UPDATE: Here’s the proposed salaries of the health workers under the program:
- Physician Augmentation Deployment Project (PADP) – P56,610
- Dentist Deployment Project (DDP) – P34,781
- Nurse Deployment Project (NDP) – P31,765
- Universal Healthcare Implementers Deployment Project (UHCIDP) – P29,010
- Medical Technologist Deployment Project (MTDP) – P29,010
- Pharmacist Deployment Project (PDP) – P29,010
- Public Health Associates Deployment Project (PHADP) – P22,149
- Family Health Associate Deployment Project (FHADP) – P26, 494
- Rural Health Midwives Placement Program (RHMPP) – P20,179
UHCI also gets Salary Grade 15 as nurses are mostly hired for this position; Public Health Associate is Salary Grade 12. I don’t know about Pharmacist (no pharmacist in the program this year) and Family Health Associate (if nurse, salary grade 15 will be applied). Again this is not official yet as DOH havent issued announcement about the salaries for 2018 deployment, so we have to wait for that.
I’ve been following this DOH Deployment Program ever since, and based on previous years recruitment, the respective Regional Offices handle the hiring process, conduct of qualifying examinations, interviews, selection, etc. For instance, Region 6 uses an Online Recruitment System for this.
So if you have other concerns, please contact DOH regional offices or provincial health offices in your locality, listed on the document above.
Please share to other health care workers who might be interested in this program. For updates you may follow this blog Nonoynet.com or my social media pages.