The Department of Agriculture-Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources 6 has opened the application for 𝟰-𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗱𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗲 for senior high school graduates and graduating students for CY 2021-2025.
The Fisheries Scholarship Program (FSP) is offering a 4-year scholarship for a Bachelor of Science in Fisheries degree. The FSP has three program components:
𝟭. 𝗙𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁 (𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗚)
– For high school or grade 12 students who belong to the Top 10 of their graduating class.
𝟮. 𝗙𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗸 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝗘𝗱𝘂𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁 (𝗙𝗖𝗘𝗚)
– For high school or grade 12 students whose parents are Mangingisdang Juan or are registered in the Juan Magsasaka Registration System.
𝟯. 𝗙𝗦𝗣 – 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀/𝗜𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗣𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 (𝗙𝗦𝗣-𝗜𝗖𝗖/𝗜𝗣𝘀)
– This scholarship component is intended for poor but deserving students whose parents are members of a particular tribe recognized by the National Commission on Indigenous People.
Chosen scholars will receive a full scholarship, a monthly stipend (P 5,000.00), a semestral book allowance (P 2,000.00), OJT support (P3,000.00), Research/Thesis/Special Problem support (P7,000.00), and Graduation Support (P1,500.00).
𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗹𝘆:
1. Download from BFAR 6 website: https://region6.bfar.da.gov.ph/. Fill out the form and submit to nearest BFAR Regional Office or Provincial Fisheries Office.
2. Scan the QR Code at the image above and fill out the form.
3. Visit this link: http://fsp.bfar.da.gov.ph/#/online-application. Fill out the form and provide necessary requirements.
The deadline for submission of the application form with complete documents is on 𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟬, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬. A nationwide competitive examination will be conducted on 𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟬𝟱, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬, in testing centers to be identified per province.
In Region 6, here are the address and contact details of regional office and provincial fisheries offices:
Twenty-six scholars will be selected per region broken into three scholarship components.
For more information, applicants may visit the region6.bfar.da.gov.ph. Interested applicants may also contact Ms. Riza J. Chua, Regional Fisheries Scholarship Coordinator through telephone number (033) 336-3266. (AJMS/DA_RAFIS6)