Celebrate friendship and immersion of cultures at K’onek: Korea-Iloilo Festival at Festive Walk Mall from August 16 to 25, 2019.
K’oneK: Korea-Iloilo Festival is a part of 8th Korean-Ilonggo Friendship Festival, which seeks to strengthen the bond between Ilonggos and Koreans. It is an initiative of the Iloilo Korean United Community Association in partnership with the Iloilo City government, Festive Walk Mall Iloilo and Iloilo Kpop Organization.
The fun-filled event at the most beautiful mall will include a showcase of food, culture, performances and other Korean surprises! Here are the 6 exciting things to do in the festival:
1. Take snapshot souvenirs at the Gyeongbokgung Palace and Nami Island Photo Booth in the Say Annyeong! Photo Booth. August 16-25 | Indoor Atrium & 2F Hallway
2. Wonder and learn about the inspiring culture and tradition of Korea at K*town: Cultural Exhibit. August 16-25 | 2F Hallway
3. Chow on the most delectable Seoul food and K-treats at K*Streats Fair. August 16-18 & 23-25 | Indoor Atrium | Mall Hours
4. Get your K-glam on with the glowing beauty hacks at K*Beauty & Style Alley. August 17 | Indoor Atrium | 4pm-6pm
5. Witness a colorful display of the Korean & Ilonggo cultural bond with live performances by Jinho Bae and Kang Min at K*Day: Korean-Ilonggo Friendship Celebration. August 17 | Garden Atrium | 10am-8pm
6. Catch the first Korean trained all-Filipino idol group live at K*Show: KPOP Day feat. SB19 live! August 18 | Garden Atrium | 4pm-7pm
The annual Korean-Ilonggo Friendship Festival was established in 2012 to showcase the blending of both cultures, and an appreciation of the latter’s investments in the city. It also aims to attract more Koreans to visit the city, thereby increasing the tourism receipts and boosting the economic growth of the metropolis.